Updated: Aug 6, 2019
1) Breathing - Upon waking (EARLY) find a comfortable spot and sit and meditate/practice mindfulness/breathe/sit in stillness, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't matter.
Take 5 to 20 minutes to close your eyes and focusing on your breathing, thoughts and check-in with your mind and soul.
This takes practice, so give it time.
Top tip, use any of these great mobile app resources to get started.
2) Gratitude - Grab a pen, a piece of paper, and think to yourself "What am I grateful for?"
Write this on your piece of paper...
Then continue to write down three things you are grateful for. They could be anything, I am grateful for my warm bed, my family, the roof over my head, my beautiful wife, water, anything.
This, like every habit, with practice becomes incredibly powerful in creating more happiness and joy with the added bonus increasing your defences against negative thoughts.
3) Nutrition - Hydrate your body. Before you go drinking that delicious cup of coffee, remember that you haven't had any water for the last 6 to 8 hours and your body is dehydrated.
Top tip, try this morning nourishing cocktail.
Morning nourishing cocktail:
Grab a tall glass
Fill it with warm water
Add a pinch of sea salt
A splash of apple cider vinegar
A squeeze of lemon juice
Slowly slip that baby down. This will give your organs and nice warm hug and gets everything moving as it should in the morning.
4) Adventure - Get out in nature, go to the beach or go on a hike. Enjoy the beauty, love and energy that comes from being away from the noise and immerse yourself in our ancestors natural surroundings.
5) Presence - Stop, sit or stand and be perfectly still. Be aware of your surroundings, your breathe and your thoughts, be at peace with all elements.
Top tip: Really notice the detail of the nature around you, admire the colour of the leaves and listen to the birds.
6) Giving - Help someone, do something good for someone and/or help your community.
Top tips: Give that friend you haven't spoken to in ages a call, donate money to a local charity, help someone carry their groceries to their car, compliment someone or pick-up any random bits of rubbish you see on the ground.
These are 6 simple steps to starting your day in an amazing way. Of course there is still huge amounts of benefits from adopting one of these, but it feels best to take them all on!
Thank you for reading :)
Now enjoy an amazing sunrise below.